Friday, February 15, 2013

The story of a wonderful friendship with water colors and the story of “Anatomy”


I started watercoloring when I was just 8 years old.  My teacher Eve taught me to just go with the flow when working with watercolors.  Don’t worry about messing up because if you do, you can spice it up with more vivid colors.  That was 13 years ago and from then on, I kept those sacred words in my mind whenever I painted.  Any who, that’s just a bit of history with how I became best friends with water colors.

Back in December of 2010, I got the opportunity to present a painting at a show called Chillin’ Productions.  The show was at the Mezzanie in San Francisco.  How I got into the show, was due to a simple reply to a post on Facebook.  My friend Rene Castro asked her fellow artist friends if they wanted to be part of a show.  I can’t remember if she had mentioned the Mezzanie but I had to reply.  I’ve always wanted to be apart of a show! She hooked me up with Irene Hernandez-Feiks.  Irene is just so sweet.  She was excited for me and I was excited that I was presenting myself in my 1st art show!  I had about a few weeks to complete and matte a painting.  At that time, I was in school studying Animation and Visual Effects so, it was a bit hard for me to balance 2 different things at once.  At the end, everything turned out great.  The night of my 1st show had arrived.  I invited my folks and friends to come see what I had created.  I arrived to the show early and when I got there,  I couldn’t believe how COLORFUL it was.  There were so many different styles and people! It was packed.  It felt liked I was partying in a sarden box or something haha.  Any who, the event was awesome.  This piece didn’t sell but I didn’t mind.  I just wanted to be able to present my art.

© Mackenzie Bowles 2010-2013 “Anatomy” medium: ink, watercolor,photoshop


No comments:

Post a Comment